New Mexico Inter-Faith Housing Associate Director
Title: Associate Director
Status: Full-time (Salaried, exempt)
New Mexico Inter-Faith Housing (NMIF) is a nonprofit affordable housing organization dedicated to improving the lives of all New Mexicans through the development, production, and management of high-quality housing and providing supportive services at no cost to residents for educational purposes and to promote economic self-sufficiency.
NMIF is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and experienced leader with a commitment to progressive housing advocacy and creating new housing for those most in need. The Associate Director, together with the Chief Operating Officer, will provide leadership for the organization’s work to model equitable, sustainable, and permanently affordable development throughout New Mexico.
Affordable Housing Development
Support the development of affordable housing projects and other properties to be brought into NMIF’s portfolio, including:
- Siler Yard affordable rental community pre development and construction, outreach, capital fundraising and grant writing processes
- Support community outreach related to future development projects
- Assisting with the feasibility analysis and structuring of future development projects statewide.
Relationship Management & Strategic Planning
- Represent NMIF’s mission and values in interactions with public officials and partner organizations including public and private sector collaborators.
- Help the organization maintain a consistent communications strategy utilizing social media, traditional media, newsletters and other tools.
- Build/maintain relationships with stakeholders and partners, effectively navigating highly varied and sometimes competing perspectives.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop strategic direction and organizational governance strategies.
Financial Management & Fundraising
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial reports and an annual budget for Board approval and monitor activities to meet the budget.
- Assure compliance with fund restrictions, interest allocation, and finance policies.
- Assist with the preparation of grant requests as well as the design and implementation of capital campaigns.
- Support staff’s efforts to establish and maintain relationships with foundations and major donors.
- Work with staff and Board to initiate, develop, and implement fundraising strategies and coordinate fundraising events.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated track record of managing complex projects.
- Experience in developing, overseeing, and managing organizational operating budgets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate complex issues concisely in writing and in person. Ability to strategize messaging appropriate to diverse audiences and catalyze support and action.
- Ability to approach organizational growth with an entrepreneurial mindset, creatively building a community-based, radical housing organization and developing the business plan to sustain it.
- A commitment to developing a nuanced understanding of the affordable housing landscape in New Mexico, including the geographies of gentrification and displacement, current housing policy priorities at the national, state, and local level, and historic legacies of discrimination and resistance.
- Demonstrated commitment to self-reflection, assessment, and adaptation.
- Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, shared document platforms and other.
Location and Compensation:
This position is based in Santa Fe, NM. The salary range is $55,000-70,000, depending upon experience, skills, and other qualifications.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Documents are due no later than 11/8/19.